The following computer policies apply to all students, faculty, and staff who use computers in Harry Bridges Span School:
1. Food and beverages are not allowed around the computers at any time.
2. Usernames and passwords are private and must not be shared with others. No one should allow someone else to log in with their username and password. The owner of the account shall be held responsible for any infractions to this policy.
3. Student accounts are subject to monitoring at any time and should not be considered private. This means that we may remotely observe what web sites students are accessing, the documents in their folders and what they are typing on their screen.
4. Students may not install software on any school computer. Students may not copy or download applications to their folder or the local hard drive. Only authorized school personnel may install software.
5. Students may not use the Internet without a signed permission form, which will be kept on file at the SIS computer. While Internet access is filtered for all users by the LAUSD network, parental permission for access is still required.
6. Students may not shut down, restart or turn off any computer or printer unless directed to do so by the teacher. Computers must be on at all times.
7. Any computer-based activities deemed by the school to be non-educational will not be allowed. Downloading, installing or playing unauthorized games of any kind is strictly forbidden. Students may only use the Internet to visit sites that are educationally relevant.
8. Students will make no attempt to change any computer settings. This includes, but is not limited to, screen savers, wallpaper, resolution and colors, file and folder permissions. Unauthorized access to servers is strictly forbidden.
9. Printers are to be used for single copies. Multiple copies should be made on a copy machine.
10. No person may at any time visit, or attempt to visit, any site associated with pornographic materials. No person may visit a chat room (except with permission for specific projects), game site or music site, except as specifically authorized by school personnel.
Download, print and sign LAUSD's Acceptable Use Policy before using the Internet at school. This form is mandatory for all users, including both staff and students.
Download, print and have parent's sign the release form if you plan to reproduce through printed, audio, visual or electronic means activities in which students have participated in during their education program.
Download, print and have staff or persons over 18 sign this release form if you plan to reproduce through printed, audio, visual or electronic means activities in which you have participated in and which are related to LAUSD's mission to educate all.